Located on the Village Green on the campus of Williams College, just two blocks from the center of the village, the Williams Inn is an independent family-owned Inn. Owned and operated since 1991 by Carl and Marilyn Faulkner, the Inn, or one of its predecessors has been an icon of the Town of Williamstown since 1912. Its Greek Revival exterior is emblematic of the colonial architecture found throughout the historic town. The current version of the inn was built in 1974 and contained 100 rooms. During 2001, Barry Architects was hired to provide complete architectural services for a 19,500 square foot, four story addition. The addition contains 22 premier hotel rooms and one two room suite. The suite comes complete with a stone fireplace. All the new rooms have king size beds and are equipped for high speed internet access. The addition required the construction of a new four story egress stair, as well as care in dealing with accessibility issues. The Inn is fully sprinklered. Additional work was completed at various locations of the Inn to update entrances and mechanical and electrical equipment. The addition also contained an 1,800 square foot conference and meeting room. This room is equipped with high speed internet and state of the art video conference equipment.